We went Palau Guell (the first building Antoni Gaudi designed) with our drawing class yesterday. This was the detail of the front door of the Palace. We only got to go to the first floor and the basement because they are renovating the rest of the building, so that was kind of a bummer, but it was still kind of cool. On the roof are a lot of different chimneys, all decorated with colorful mosaics. I wish I could have seen those, but I took a picture from the ground.
(close up. as close as my camera would get)
This is a detail of the window on the outside of the Palace. So beautiful.
This is one of my favorite pictures of the trip so far. It was taken in a courtyard of an art college around here (I'm not sure the name of the college). We sat in this courtyard for a while drawing things and feeling a little like art students haha. :) It was fun. Things I saw there: a break dancer guy practicing his routine in the grass; a whole line of bicycles that I meant to take a picture of but I forgot; a lot people with a lot of tattoos; a little girl running around the statue in the middle of the courtyard with her parents watching and taking pictures of her; stray dogs; a big tree with pretty purple flowers;... and.. lots of other things that aren't really important haha. Here's a picture of the courtyard. The staircase goes up to the library.
Have a good day, wherever you are. :)
-S

No comments:
Post a Comment