Sunday, May 24, 2009

God is good :)

but God is SO GOOD.

oh man.
So the other day we walked by a little church that is RIGHT around the corner from our residencia and I got SO excited so I checked the times it was at and saw that it was Sundays at 11. I knew none of the kids I'm with would be up before 2 on Sundays so I got up this morning by myself, got ready and went to an all Spanish church by MYSELF. ANd... OMYGOODNESS !!!! eeee I love them! Granted I can't understand much, but it's still so great!

ok let me slow down.
First of all, one of my prayers before the trip was to find a church and maybe have at least one person speak English. Well, I found a church. AND there are TWO Americans who go there! Scott, a 30 year old PhD student at the University of Barcelona and Anna, a young lady who only intended to stay in Spain for a year but ended up meeting a guy and getting married and now she's been here for 6 years! Scott doesn't speak much Spanish, but he's been here for a year and knows A LOT more than me, and Anna was a Spanish major in college, so she is fluent. Anyways, before I left for church I was SO nervous cuz I don't speak Spanish and I was praying that there would be at least one person there who spoke English and... dun dun dun ... GOD ANSWERS PRAYERRRR!!!

And there was a young girl, 17 i think she said, her name is Gabriela, and she is very nice and plays guitar. I am here for another 6 weeks, I hope I can get to know her better. She speaks a little English, enough that I understand her and we can have a convo. MAN I wish I knew Spanish!! I neeeeed to learn (and by need i mean I want to learn so bad that I just need to. does that make sense?). I've been saying that ever since I got back from Panama, I wonder why I haven't done it yet...

I love this place. Today made me realize that I really can get attached. I already am to the people at church. It's the people I always fall in love with, not necessarily the place. Barcelona is great, but it's the people are who I am going to remember.

ANYWAYS classes start tomorrowwww! wheeee. Our studio is a little whole in the wall, next to a little plaza thing with a few restaurants and kids playing soccer :) Its a small studio, but it does the job. I'm excited to get started! First glass making lesson tomorrow! And Tuesday we are going to a cathedral with dragons on the outside haha.

ok bye.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

OOPS it was actually an UMBRELLA FACTORY with dragons on the outside. Even better.