Art is pretty great and, as of yet, I am still trying to find my place in the art world. I love the kind of design I am doing right now and I think that will be a great career, but I am also finding that I like to make (and to look at) art that is more abstract and experimental. I don't really know how to explain it, but that's ok, hopefully you get my drift.
Anyways, inspirations for this new-found love of offbeat art: a blog called Design for Mankind. It's really inspiring. Check it out at www.designformankind.com
There's just something about making art for yourself, just being creative and not having to fulfill an assignment or anything, that is really freeing. This summer, I am going to try to do more of that, before I have to go back to strict rules and guidelines in September. I want till fill a lot of sketchbooks. I want to use up all my oil pastels. I want to make things that have meaning to be, and still look great to other people. I want this summer to be a creative one.
And you know what? That's going to happen! Because I am going to Barcelona! Which (I've heard) is one of the artsiest places in the world, so I will have plenty of good inspiration over there. Yey!
That's all for now, -s
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment