Thursday, May 21, 2009

Barcelona!

I'm here! It's been crazy and I didn't sleep for more than 24 hours even though I was only flying for 7 hours total. Time changes stink. The first plane ride (Boston to London) I watched that Benjamin Button movie, It was alright. The second plane ride (London to Barcelona) I happened to be sitting next to an elderly couple from none other than good ol' Manchester, New Hampshire. Small world huh? They were very nice and talked a lot and the old man said he'd been to Keene a few times before because he used to drive trucks for some trucking company. I could tell you their whole life story (because they told me) but how about not. Me and my friend Bernard met at the airport and took a bus and a taxi to the place where we are staying. We were two hours early for check in, so we dropped out stuff off, grabbed Andy, another kid in the program who was early too, and went down to the beach (Mediterranean Sea!) for about an hour. SO PRETTY! Um, fast forwarding a few hours. Met my professors and the rest of the people (there are six of us total) and walked about 20 minutes to a little underground restaurant on a side street off La Ramblas (a really cool street with lots of shops and stuff)... we all tried Black Rice, which is white rice mixed with squid ink so it makes it black. It was good. And now I am about to fall asleep. So... later gators.

No comments: