Sunday, May 31, 2009

Boardwalk.

Earlier today I was out sitting on a bench near the boardwalk sketching and writing in my journal and this old guy comes up to me and goes¨"Are you from America?" First thing I thought: How can you tell? Haha, but I said yes and he sat down and told me why he´s here and all that jazz. First thing he said in our conversation was "It´s good to hear an American accent. I can never understand these people around here." Anddd... that´s the end of my story. I just thought it was funny that he could tell I was from America without even hearing me talk. Guess you can just tell.. Although I´ve caught myself looking at people and trying to guess if they´re American or not. The hard thing is, in America, there are so many different ethnicities and races, that everyone anywhere could techinally look American. And it´s funny when you see someone you are so sure isn´t a local, and then they turn out to have lived here their whole lives. You´re like¨"What??" Guess it goes with the old saying "You can´t judge a book by it´s cover." Ha.

Random thought, but can I just say Spanish keyboards are messsseddd uppppp. The question mark is where the plus/minus key is supposed to be. And to type the @ symbol you have to press Ctrl and Alt and the number 2. And there are a lot more differences, but it would take too long to type and it´s not that interesting anyways. At least the period, comma and the apostrophe are in the same place. Oh, and all the letters. But still, I´m not used to this haha.

Whatevs. Ok. Byebye.

No comments: