Now you might think this was against my better judgment, but rest assured, I am still alive (how else would I be writing this?).
Last night I was planning on going to the beach to sit and draw, but was distracted on my way there by some awesome people playing acoustic guitar and djembe (African drum) in the middle of the grass. This excited me, so I found a bench near to them and sat and listened for a while. There were two guys and three girls and I was really jealous A) of the guitar, because I haven't played one in a month and B) just the fact that these young people were sitting in the grass on a warm summer night making pretty music without a care in the world. Anyways, I sat and watched/listened to them for about a half hour, and the whole time I was thinking "I just need to go over and ask if I can sit with them." But then I'd think "No, I don't know them, and I don't know Spanish, so how is that gonna work?"... But, my curiosity got the best of me and I put my "I don't speak Spanish" excuse aside, and walked over to where they were sitting. (By this time, the girls had left, so it was just the two guys. They were the ones playing the instruments anyways.) I stood there and looked at the guy playing guitar, said something like "Do you speak any English?" And he said "Ingles? No, no." And he asked the other guy if he speaks English and that guy said no. And so I stood there for a while trying to figure out how to say "Can I sit and listen to the music?" But I said something like "Mi escucho a musica?" which means "Can I listen to my music?" (I just looked it up) HAHA and they just looked at me and smiled and eventually I just sat down and they were like "Oh, ok, si, si." And I just sat there while they jammed, and I drew the guy's drum, and loved every minute of it. HAAA oh man, it was so great.
Anyways, the moral of the story is: I like being curious. I like trying to speak Spanish even though I make a fool out of myself. Not all random Spanish guys are creepy. And, I miss my guitar. Ok. Bye.
Update on my camera: Still dead.
Update on how I feel about that: I cry myself to sleep every night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Very cool! can you let me be your friend on Facebook, Please????? :-)
yeah sure! do you have an account?
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=503382860&ref=name
that's the link to my page.
Post a Comment