Well, the past few days have been jam packed.
Sunday after church I went over to my friend Anna's apartment and had a lovely lunch of homemade paella and fresh cherries. I spent the whole afternoon with Anna and her husband and got to talk with them about lots of cool things.
Monday was a full day in the glass studio, working on our final projects for our show next Tuesday. If any of you happen to be in the area, stop by our studio at Magallanes 36, first floor, on June 30th at 7pm. There will be wine and cheese served, and you can take your hand decorated wine glass home with you if you'd like.
Tuesday, yesterday, was a long day also. We had glass studio in the morning, and then took a little trip to the Museum of Natural Science or something like that. The museum with lots of dead, stuffed animals in it. It was actually pretty cool, although the spiders and scorpions and huge crabs were a little creepy. I kept thinking that they would all of a sudden come to life. Ugh. Bad thoughts. Anyways, I drew a turtle with a very cool design on it's shell, and an ugly fish. Good stuff. OH YEAH! We also went to the Geology Museum and the rocks were so gorgeous and beautiful and I wanted to steal them, but obviously I couldn't or else I'd get arrested. But it reminded me of the Rock Swap I used to go to when I was little. It's this big festival thing and you'd bring your rock collection and find people to trade your rocks with. All I remember is that old people felt sorry for me because the only rocks I had were from the beach or my backyard, but the nice old people would let me trade for one of their pretty rocks anyways. They were so nice.
After the two museums, we went to the small church of Santa Anna and saw Alen Garagic, a Spanish guitar player, who was absolutely fantastic. The music he played was so pretty and I can't even believe people can think that fast to move their fingers that fast. Oh, and he all his music was memorized. Unbelievable. I think I want him to play at my wedding.
Oh yeah, since today is a huge holiday in Barcelona (Saint John the Baptist's birthday? who knew), last night was the San Jaun Eve celebration all over the city, but especially on the beach, which is basically where I live. Me and three friends from church decided to go see where all the fun was. Well, it was everywhere, so we walked along the beach for like 2 hours watching people set off firecrackers and fireworks right in front of our faces. There were bonfires on the beach, dance floors and techno music every 100 meters, whole families sitting out on the beach around bonfires grilling food, people setting up their stuff so they could sleep on the beach all night. It was quite a sight, let me tell you. At one point, we walked out to the end of one of the piers and looked back at the beach, and I think that was one of the coolest sight I've seen here. All the lights, the shadows of people dancing and running and jumping in the water, the fireworks, the city and mountains in the background, the whole coastline all it up and celebrating... I wish I had my camera.
I just decided I'm going to miss Barcelona.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment