Tuesday, August 18, 2009
In Your Presence.
I'm at my favorite place in the world right now: Camp Spofford. It's right on a beautiful lake that is crystal clear and the sunsets are purple, orange, yellow, red, and deep blue. I'm not kidding. Every night is a new canvas for God and He doesn't let us down. Sitting on the beach reading my Bible surrounded by the foggy morning air is a favorite past time of mine. Sitting on the beach on a pitch black night under a sky filled with millions of stars is another one. God never ceases to amaze me while I am here. I could tell you hundreds of stories about things He has done over my 11 years of coming here, all having to do with different aspects of God's character. But, I want to talk about His presence in this place. I came here last week after a week at a different camp, a camp where God definitely showed up... So when I got to Spofford on Sunday morning, I felt like something was missing, it didn't take me very long to figure out what it was. I didn't feel God's presence in the place. But God is faithful and as I prayed and talked to some of the staff members, I began to see that God was and is here, that He is working in people's lives and that He was and still is doing awesome things. Just because I didn't feel Him doesn't mean He wasn't around. God is everywhere, and when you call on His name, He can't help but surround you with His presence. When two or more gather in His name, He is bound to show up. He loves our praises, and this past week at Camp Spofford, boy did we praise Him! Thank you Lord for this awesome week that we had!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment