Sunday, August 23, 2009

Apparently God is Powerful.

I have a story.

Summer of 2007: I worked at a summer camp at a local school. I only worked 4 days a week and didn't particularly enjoy the job... but, the kids were awesome. I told a few of the girls about Camp Spofford and gave them the information and all that, thinking they might check it out the next summer. I told them I'd be working there as a counselor. Anyways, the next summer none of them came to Spofford. I honestly had forgotten about them (it had been a whole year!) So this past week when my boss, Dan, asked me to fill in for a counselor that had to leave early, obviously I didn't think about the girls from two summers ago possibly being in my cabin. Well, what do you know? Sunday evening, a little red-head girl walks into my cabin. Reilly! From two summers ago! What a treat.

To make a long story short, Friday night at the "bonfire" (in quotations because it was raining so we had to have it in the chapel) Reilly got up in front of all the campers and told that story I just told you. She said "And just like Dan has been talking about all week at chapel, apparently God is powerful, because he let me have my favorite counselor from two summers ago as my counselor at Camp Spofford."

Jesus, thank you so much for letting that work out. I pray that Reilly learned a lot about you, Lord, and that she'll come back for another awesome week at Spofford next summer.

No comments: