Saturday, April 18, 2009

Concerts and Compassion.



Guess who? STEVE FEE AND HILLSONG LONDON!!!!
Probably one of the most powerful concerts I've been to! Well, actually, they don't call it a concert, because it's a time to worship God, so they call it worship (woah! didn't see that one coming) and invited us to join in with them! You can just tell how much they love praising God; their actions on stage show it, their commentaries after the songs show it, and obviously the lyrics to the songs show it. It's really inspiring, praise God for those bands!

I had the chance to sign up to sponsor a little girl from El Salvador through the Compassion International program. I will pay a monthly support for her and send her cards and pictures and pray for her on a regular basis. Her name is Emelyn and she's five years old living with just her mother in a very poor part of El Salvador. I picked a girl from El Salvador specifically; I've been there before and have seen the need and wanted to support a girl who is living in those conditions as we speak. So, if you remember, pray for Emelyn also. You can also go to http://www.compassion.com/sponsor_a_child/default.htm to sponsor your own child. You can make a child's life better through your prayers and support.

I also got to be the merch person for Fee band! It was fun and we got our pictures taken with Steve Fee after all the hustle and bustle of the after concert autographs died down. He's a really great guy! (and he signed my new Fee t-shirt)

Here's to spreading God's good news. :)

No comments: