This week was great.
The kids were excited to see their pictures from last week.
They wrote "Where I'm from" poems.
Not just literally where they were from, but exploring more into what makes them special, what they encounter everyday, what they like to do.
Some were great.
Some were funny.
Some made my heart break.
One girl wrote "I'm from dribbling fast up the court, faster than anyone else."
One boy wrote "I'm from Chinese food with my dad on Friday nights."
One boy wrote "I'm from the dark streets where people die."
Like I said: my heart broke.
God, help these kids.
I don't want to be there just to make writing more fun for them.
I want them to know there's another way.
I want them to know that someone really does love them.
Ok, here are some pictures.
The composition books we gave our kids. They will write in them and paste their pictures they take in them. It's basically like an awesome journal.
The kids go to lunch right in the middle of our class, so I made use of my time by taking pictures of my feet. Haha.
On the wall across from the classroom I'm in. Everything in the school is in Spanish also. I think that's really awesome.
Tee's hands, holding the camera they get to bring home this weekend. They have a homework assignment to take pictures of a place and an object that mean a lot to them.
My group. (I don't know if I should post too many pictures on the kids on here if they don't have parent consent or whatever. I'll ask about that)

No comments:
Post a Comment