Friday, September 25, 2009

Almost 3 months laterr.

I left Barcelona basically 3 months ago (I have to get through one more week for it to be officially 3 months, but I couldn't wait that long to write all this)..

I miss it so much.

It's not like a "Hope you're good! I miss you!" shallow kind of miss. It's not even the "You're my best friend and I won't see you until summer, but we can email all the time" far-away kind of miss. You can't keep in touch with a city.

It's the "I don't know if I'll ever see you again, and that sucks, because you've impacted my life more than you can imagine" kind of miss. And that kind of miss hurts.

This sort of miss has slightly happened a few times with people, but even then, you can email and facebook and call. Can't do that to 500 year old buildings, a beach, a church, a gelato restaurant, an art studio or 5 beautiful museums. It's happened to the Bronx, to the kids at Graffiti, but I know I'm going back there in March. It happened when my Papa died, and that sucks too, but I know he's dead and there's nothing I can do about it (I'm NOT saying I don't miss him, it's just a different kind. I told you there's a lot).

When it comes to Barcelona.. I could potentially go back. It's just the fact that it's on the other side of the world and requires large amounts of money to get there that's keeping me from doing that. It's teasing me.

I guess to sum it all up, Barcelona is in it's own category of "miss" and I wish I never had to experience it.

Praying God will let me go back someday..

Someday.

Algun Día.

No comments: