I'm in Art history class and we're talking about the Islamic religion, and my teacher said "the biggest difference between the Christian and the Islamic religion is that in the Christian religion, you need an intercessor... a priest or a pope that has been religiously trained to help you talk to God. In the Islamic religion, you have a straight shot to Allah."
:( It makes me sad that that's how Christianity is sometimes viewed. And that my teacher believes it! God loves when we talk to Him. RIGHT to Him... from our cars, from our breakfast tables, from our desks. We don't need to be in a church with a priest to talk with our Maker, Creator, Father. WE have a straight shot. That's what is so awesome about God! Anytime, anywhere, we can pray to Him. I think that's pretty fab. So, I'm gonna go pray for the kids in my class who will be studying what my teacher said in class today and that they'll learn the truth someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ahh that kills. so false. so, so important!
Post a Comment